Saturday, November 22, 2025

Mercy Today...


 My friend took this photo as both of us labored on a scrap book project for another friend in Michigan. I have been troubled by back and hip pain stemming from an auto accident years ago and finally had  to call my former PT. She has a private practice and does home visits. Things are improving though not at a pace I'd prefer.

I am also attempting to update my documents, a process that should be relatively simple but hasn't been so far. Additionally, the person named healthcare surrogate several years ago did not read his copy of the existing documents and despite agreeing to this, did not realize that he had taken that role apparently, so I'll need a further discussion. My cousin did not even understand the duties of a healthcare surrogate. All of this only adds to my anxiety. I have an MRI next Saturday and meet the surgeon virtually on December 3.

Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

That would add to mine as well. Sorry about that part. I am glad to hear that some stuff is improving. Though I understand, not at the rate you'd like. Sending love and huggs your way.

Boud said...

Hoping you get the paperwork and the signers sorted soon. I hear you, wanting to have things settled. And needing more information about your health situation. I'm anxious for you. But you're so organized and methodical, always taking action, not just wringing your hands.

Ms. Moon said...

Mercy has such an interesting expression on her pretty face.
Yes. It is very important for a healthcare surrogate to understand the role before agreeing to it.

Sandra said...

Look at those eyes! It has to be unnerving to find your surrogate didn't know or understand what this means.

Steve Reed said...

What big eyes!

Paperwork like that is a nightmare, as you well know. I hope you get it straightened out. I'm not sure I'd want someone who signs documents without reading them to be MY healthcare surrogate!

Bless said...

Mercy is so cute!
I'm sorry you have to sort through all that paperwork!