Thursday, August 14, 2025

Last Test Before Procedure

 I'm fasting prior to blood samples and trip to lab in the morning. I've had an EKG and chest x-ray and a sonogram of my legs searching for clots. The PCP, a female internist, seemed decent and explained more about my E-R results. The uterine lining issue is indicative of either cancer or a potential pre-cancer situation, so needs sorting as quickly as possible. As soon as the GYN has the lab/scan results, the D and C can be scheduled. Once that is done, I may face further surgery. I'm updating my arrangements, especially regarding Mercy, should something unexpected occur.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

12 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I wish you well and a positive outcome on your tests. I will be back to check and in the meantime will be sending you a big hug and many positive thoughts are heading your way.

Elephant's Child said...

i am sending massive well wishes your way.

Elle Clancy said...

Years ago, I had the exact same thing; bleeding, thickened uterine wall. Had the D&C, etc. Turned out fine. It seems like you have everything planned out; I know how worrisome this is. But whatever is going on, you are taking steps to deal with it. Will be thinking of you!

Boud said...

Hoping for the very best for your health and for Mercy, too.

Ms. Moon said...

One step at a time. May all go well.

Sandra said...

You have all my best thoughts for you, and Mercy. I know it helps when facing an unknown to have all you affairs in a row.

Brenda said...

Wishing for the best possible outcome for you and a speedy recovery.

Steve Reed said...

I'm sending all the best thoughts, E. Uncertainty is scary but it's also, well, uncertain -- so results can be good as well as bad. As Mary said above, one step at a time.

Jean said...

Sending strong thoughts that all will be well.

Wisewebwoman said...

Sending loads of love and care your way e, please (if you can) keep your blog friends in the loop
XO
WWW

Barbara said...

Hoping for the very best outcome.
Xoxo
Barbara

The Happy Whisk said...

Smart to update things. Sending you well wishes.