We've both had a bit of a nap since getting up at 4 AM. Mercy has developed the habit of bounding into bed and madly licking any part of me she can reach. This is certainly more effective than an alarm clock since Mercy has no snooze button. Licking can express affection and is also associated with grooming or asking for attention, All are signs of devotion, so I've not done badly as a cat guardian. Another new habit is gently placing her paw on my arm to remind me it is time to eat, scratch her chin or the top of her head or get a toy she wants me to play with. She seems to really enjoy Mr. Snake, anything I can throw that she can retrieve or anything which rolls across the floor. At present, she is watching birds and anoles through a front room window. I've yet to find the baby anole that came indoors, and Mercy appears to have lost interest.
As for me, I'm slowly catching up on chores, enjoying some tea and reading a book with 42 chapters, a story set in the Pacific Northwest during World War II. I am about midway through and want to see if the ending I imagine matches that of the author.
Cheers!
6 comments:
You have done well as a cat guardian. Very well.
It sounds as if she's devoted to you. Not surprising!
She sounds very sweet and obviously recognizes a kind and loving protector :)
https://www.anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com/
It's no surprise she loves you.
She sounds like such an affectionate wee thing. So playful. Let us know about the book.
XO
WWW
Mercy sounds like her name, a sweet little being. The book you describe reminds of one I read, Snow Falling On Cedars. Curious to know if that is the book you're reading.
Post a Comment