Thursday, September 26, 2024

Tornado Watch Until 8 PM September 26

 We can expect sustained winds between 45-55 miles per hour, with tornadoes possible, 5-8 feet of storm surge which is water blown in, flooding and power outages. If things get bad, Mercy and I will stay in the bathroom as it is the only place without a window. My heart breaks for the folks in Tallahassee and the Big Bend. We had feeder band rain twice yesterday. Right now, nary a blade of grass is moving and all is eerily quiet. I've fed Mercy and eaten a large, hot breakfast. Please keep this State in good thoughts. Mercy was upset by thunder yesterday and sought the comfort of her stroller. I cannot imagine what she will feel as this day and night go on. 

4 comments:

Boud said...

My thoughts and fervent wishes for your safety will be with you until this storm has passed.

Sandra said...

Now I know the plan. I am hoping you don't need to use it.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Fingers crossed for you all. This is going to be a big one.

Elephant's Child said...

You have my fervent hopes.