Tuesday, March 26, 2024

###@!!

 I cleaned and readied the place for Mercy's return which did not go smoothly because I made the mistake of letting her out of the stroller the pet sitter put her in so she could go to the bathroom, not really understanding that the drugs she had in her system left her wired rather than sleepy. She walked out of her onesie and began licking and bathing herself frantically. When I attempted to intervene, I was hissed at and came dangerously close to being bitten. I got the soft collar the vet provided on her but that too was off in seconds. Finally sequestered in her stroller, she is now meowing softly. I will attempt to mix her pain medication in a bit of food at 9 PM. Until then, both of us need a little space and quiet. The vet will re-check Mercy in ten days barring the unforeseen. The vet is aware of the tumultuous homecoming and said, "It is what it is."  I hate that overused phrase.

Have a good evening.



9 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

All will be well. Mercy will even forgive you for doing what must be done.

Boud said...

So hard to stop hellbent kittens from hurting themselves. I hope you both get a rest!

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh boy. I'm sorry you're both having a rough go. How come they didn't give her the cone of shame? I recall back in the day, our cat had them. And then of course, the pups too. Hope things go smoother soon. Mercy sounds like a wild child. Glad she's meowing softly now.

Wilma said...

I hope a new day brings some peace to you and Mercy!

Elephant's Child said...

Poor Mercy and poor you. I hope that her recovery is smooth from now on.

Sandra said...

The drugs can either make them loopy or make them aggressive. Sorry you got the aggressive. Frieda was aggressive, perhaps it's the calico/tortie gene? All will be well.

Unknown said...

Sleepy cute kitty...

Wisewebwoman said...

It's tough when they don't understand, cones really helped my pets over the years or more accurately, helpmd me.

I hope things quieten down now.

XO
WWW

DeniseinVA said...

Awww poor Mercy, hope she's feeling better now and if not, real soon.