Monday, March 25, 2024

With the vets


 After a marathon of cooking, cleaning and laundry, the abode is ticking along nicely and that gave Mercy and me an early morning and an eventual nap. She was so relaxed that she did not fight being placed in her soft carrier for the short ride to the cat hospital for her upcoming spay surgery. Our pet sitter arrived to a quiet cat and a neatly packed bag which included a post surgical onesie, a favorite blanket and a toy. This is the first time I have been alone for the night since Mercy was adopted and it feels strange. It amazes me how quickly animals and humans adapt to each other. I hope her recuperation goes smoothly and that she isn't terrified at being there.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Wilma said...

Hope Mercy fares well. Spay surgeries these days are so much less invasive than they used to be.

Boud said...

She'll probably like the attention she'll get. I hope all goes well.

Joanne Noragon said...

I'm sure the vet staff are as nice to Mercy as you are. She's a lovely and lovable cat.

Elephant's Child said...

I am sure that the house feels empty (and quiet) without her. I hope she returns as good as new. And thank you for this important kind of care.

Ms. Moon said...

I bet she's fine but I know she'll be happy to be home with her mama.

Sandra said...

They do creep into our hearts. Mercy will be sleeping during most of her time at the vet. You will miss her.