It is Sunday and having been awakened at 4 AM, I let the chores slide and attempted a nap while Mercy the wild child is peacefully conked out in her stroller, snuggled deeply in a nest of blankets. Someone remarked that she sounds like a handful. At six months as of April 4. she is very much still a curious baby who loves to be where ever I am or where ever anything new to her may be.
This week, she climbed the shower curtain twice, crawled inside the freezer, camped out in the washing machine, learned to sit atop the toilet tank and wait for me in the bathroom, pushed my ringing mobile under the bed and leaped from the top of the refrigerator onto my head. She has also decided to sprawl all over my key board when the laptop is in use which is highly disruptive.
I've purchased several plug in air sanitizers with UV lights and have them throughout our apartment. This keeps some odors and airborne germs to a minimum. She thinks the pretty lights are for her and has been trying to lick them. Due for a re-check at the vet this week. Mercy seems alert, active and healthy with no surgical complications despite jumping into the toilet as her incision was healing. According to what I've read, kittens do not start to settle down until sometime between 9 months and a year or so. We have a while yet and yes, I do keep the toilet cover down. I was attempting to transfer from my chair when she suddenly decided to take a dip. I don't think she enjoyed it. I'm just happy she has not done it again.
She is definitely an adventurous girl.
Happy Sunday!
7 comments:
This is a toddler cat! Very bright, into everything, she's so attached to you, everything you do is important and interesting! NADM.
Sounds good that at least she may settle, like you said though, a bit to still go. Still, she sounds sweet. Just sounds like a wild child. Back when we first had Wiggy. She chewed EVERYTHING. Now that she's gone, I smile when I find some of her old bite marks on the snack trays and back deck. Wiggy went through a loooooot of bones. Still, she loved wood. Happy New Week. Cheers and boogie boogie, Ivy.
Our boys are asleep too - having gone into mad mode after breakfast. They are not out of their kitten ways yet, Odie in particular.
Our cat Max, who eventually came to Belize with us, was such a little hellion in her young days that I actually took her to the vet thinking there was something wrong. Similar antics to those of your Mercy. Max did eventually calm down into a very sweet and loving cat whose favorite "activity" was napping in the sunshine. Hope Mercy reaches that state in the not too distant future!
When she is a mature and dignified cat, you will remember these days and laugh.
She will calm down. It can be trying at times, but also brings a lot of laughter into your life. Remind me I said this the next time Gatto has me spinning!
That dip in the toilet must have been heart stopping. I'm glad she's okay!
Post a Comment