It has warmed to 40 F with the sun, but is still cold inside despite the heating. Today is vet day and the boy has already been and come home, grumpily. I'm convinced his back legs bother him in the cold just as my knees. ankles, hands and spine do when temperatures fall.
I'm waiting for some groceries to be delivered and will be batch cooking for the rest of the week later today. The laundry is done, the kitchen and bath cleaned and mopped and the bed made, I've got to check litter box, cat food and water and tidy the front room before sending out some notes.
You know you've reached the pinnacle of decrepitude when you have to flex your fingers and pause while typing or as you hand write a card. The other day, I mentioned sending a thank you card for something to someone with whom I was on the phone. After a brief pause, the response was, "Do people still do that?"
Well, this dinosaur still does.
It is a glove day. Have a sweet one.

5 comments:
On this side of the world I am suffering in the heat. And yes, this dinosaur still sends cards, and LOVES receiving them too.
So glad the gloves are useful, though it's too bad that you and Lukas have to manage this unusual cold spell. I hope it's due to warm up soon.
Cold weather disagrees with me too. Winter is definitely not my favourite season.
A drop in the barometric pressure puts me into pain. That's cold for where you live. Do you have an electric blanket? He might like to lay his aching bones on one. Maybe even a heating pad under a blanket. Enjoy the day of cooking.
Sewing and doing all sorts of needlework cause my left hand to go completely numb. Old wrist injury coming back to haunt and taunt me.
You guys stay warm and cozy!
Post a Comment