Sunday, January 15, 2023

 It is just a few degrees above freezing here and still dark at 6:30 AM. I am about to make some split pea soup, now called "Koi pond soup" after another blogger made that remark about what it looked like in a photo I took. I used carrots which combined with the swampy green in the pot, evidently brought a Koi pond to mind for this person. I'm not sure I'd have said the same had our positions been reversed, but the comment has stuck.

Aside from that the day is dedicated to my To Do  List which includes a variety of cleaning, clearing and sorting as well as a couple of calls and some correspondence. I've not been able to access the local library online to verify my card due to technical problems on their end, so reading and movies are out and I've taken up a puzzle and some crosswords.

The bananas do not appear to be ripening enough to be eaten anytime before the next century despite being in a closed brown paper bag atop the refrigerator. So much for that trick.

Lukas has kept me busy cleaning up after him, his ever-obedient cat servant. 

The things we do for love.




7 comments:

Boud said...

The soup sounds good by any name. Maybe you can get a movie on YouTube? It's remarkably cold for Florida, no?

Ms. Moon said...

There is no doubt that cats are our masters.

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry that your bananas are not ripening. I hope your soup is delicious, and fuels you to look after Lukas. I am definitely at the beck and call (particularly call) of Batty and Odie.

Sandra said...

That wasn't a thing to say to you. People. Yes, cats are our masters.

I am so glad you recommended that book to me. It should be required reading for doctors.

Sandra said...

I made a mistake, you didn't recommend the book, but consider my thanks a downpayment to you!

37paddington said...

I've found that storing bananas with apples makes them ripen very quickly, going from full green to yellow in just a single day. I don't know if that's "a thing" but it works inside the walls of my home at least.

Val Ewing said...

Bananas! Who would think they could be such a pain?

I like the idea of calling your soup koi soup, in a way it conjures up the colors of beautiful green and orange.
I made some rather interesting soup yesterday.