The vax days are done though I'm still a bit tired. Today is chore day so I've sorted the laundry, sorted out the cat, cleaned out the refrigerator, washed and put up dishes, fed us both and will shortly give myself a long overdue trim before mopping bathroom and kitchen floors.
Our weather is beautiful and a cool 70 degrees. The windows are open and the fresh air is wonderful. My favorite time of year is in these environs far too short, so I savor each day.
Feeling in need of a visit from Mick and his bandmates this morning, I've cranked up the Stones and gotten on with some meal preparation. If anyone has a good method for making overnight oatmeal, I would be interested. I am trying to use up what I have. Never a fan of mayonnaise, I've tried a few new sandwich combinations recently. Spinach dip, feta dip, spicy guacamole and several varieties of hummus have been used as spreads on either bread or toast with cucumber, spinach leaves, tomatoes, olives or grated carrot. I'm also trying a new version of black bean soup.
The ever-growing family tree has prompted me to reach out to various cousins with mixed results. In one instant the person was a bit tipsy by admission and has never followed up on a promised photo. In fact, I never heard anything at all following our initial conversation. Another on my mother's side was happy to hear from me despite a lapse of two decades and appears interested in what I am doing. We have promised to stay in touch.
Lukas is doing well although he does not appreciate the expensive easier-on-the-kidneys cuisine any longer. I wish it came in greater variety. The more variety, the less finicky the eater.
Have a good week...

5 comments:
Enjoy those perfect weather days while you can.
And a big and sympathetic sigh at catering (trying to cater) to a finicky feline.
The weather has been unbelievable, hasn't it?
I love that photo, it looks like here.
Enjoy the fall, we had a blast of snow but it's all melted now. We thought it might stay and it was far too early.
Catering to the finicky ones is so hard, I had to devise all sorts of strategies back in the day.
XO
WWW
Catching up after a while away. It's a pity some of your relatives seem reluctant to help with the family tree. I wish I knew more of my heritage; beyond grandparents and I'm basically lost.
I sense (from your comment to my blog) that my previous comment may have been misinterpreted and was poorly phrased by me - be assured, there was nothing intentionally cloaked and I do hope no offence was taken. I had interpreted a reluctance on the part of your relatives that was not there. Sincere apologies.
I read an article a while ago which asked the question 'do you know where your great grandparents were buried?' - I realised that I have no idea, which is a loss of our past, but also to our present.
Post a Comment