Saturday, October 30, 2021

The only Halloween photo I have...

Halloween 1967

 I was eight, just out of casts and a wheelchair and free of leg braces for a bit. This is the only time we carved a pumpkin and my mother made this costume from old curtains. We lived near the equator and I was in pools of sweat just going down my street...

10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I can imagine the rivers of sweat (shudder) but the costume is cute. I am so glad that you were free of casts, braces and the chair for a bit too.

Boud said...

Cute bunny! But a head to toe costume, yeah, that would be warm.

Ms. Moon said...

You were adorable!

Live and Learn said...

I can feel how hot you must have been, but you managed a cute smile, anyway.

Joanne Noragon said...

How nice of your mother to go to all that work for a special day for you.

37paddington said...

Where near the equator were you living then. You look happy in this photo.

Steve Reed said...

That's a very cute picture!

Secret Agent Woman said...

That's adorable. How clever of your mom to make the costume from curtains!

Wisewebwoman said...

I have never handled heat well so would have been drenched walking around. But the costume is cute along with the pumpkin and lovely you had such mobility.

XO
WWW

karen said...

Hello E! What a lovely old photo! Happy Belated Halloween, Happy VERY belated birthday,andas you see I have been catching up on long neglected blog reading. Glad you have got past all those booster nightmares! Sounds as bad as us over here in Africa :) Take care x