Thursday, November 11, 2021

A Crappy Evening...All Puns Intended...

Arriving home, Lukas was put in the bedroom and no sooner made comfortable when a torrent of soupy mess hit the box, the wall, the fur down his back legs and paws, part of his belly, rear end and tail. He apparently sprang from his box to the bed, spreading this everywhere as he went. Three hours and one short sojourn hiding beneath the loveseat later, the bedding was washed, the furniture cleaned, the box changed and the floors mopped. He was wiped down with a series of damp cloths in my lap, leaving me covered from chest to knees and smelling unbelievably nasty. The PJs were tossed and I was never happier hitting the shower

We each had a bit of dinner and went to  sleep, me with an ear to the box. Awakened at 3 AM, I've changed the box  again and removed the trash, We will see what the day brings...



8 comments:

Boud said...

That's devotion to your pet, what a job. I hope things get less dramatic today. Well, he's certainly not impacted any more.

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh E so sorry to hear this, I hope he's on the mend now. And what a labour of love you accomplished. You must have been so exhausted.

XO
WWW

The bike shed said...

Ugh, not pleasant by the sound of things.

Elephant's Child said...

I might have been tempted to hide under the loveseat too.
Poor Lukas and poor you. I hope today is MUCH better.

Steve Reed said...

Oh no! Poor Lucas! I hope he's feeling better!

kj said...

Hi e,
Yikes. I sympathize more than I wish. Our dog Mattie had 'explosions' two weeks ago in the middle of the night: two beds, up the walls, everywhere. Twice. She's finally better and I hope Lucas is too. Definitely about love!
love,
kj

jenny_o said...

Oh dear! I'm late reading this but no less horrified by the amount of work this caused for you. I was thinking along the same lines as EC, except I was picturing YOU hiding under the loveseat! Some days are just plain s****y, aren't they? Pun intended.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Well, I'm not sure which of you to feel sorrier for!