My day began early after an uneasy night. Pulling out a trove of fresh veg, and cans of corn and diced tomatoes, combining cumin, red pepper, cinnamon, garlic and salt with coconut milk, I created a curry. Cooking yellow rice and peas in a separate pot gave me a meal so good I had two bowls full and then did a days chores. I must admit that I love it when the tastes in my head come together well in a pot. Knowing I have some for tomorrow when the flavors would have married gives me comfort and one less thing to worry about. I also know I am eating well, no small consolation in a world filled with faux foods and empty calories.
What did you make today?

8 comments:
I agree, it's great to have another meal for tomorrow. Your curry sounds great. I may try that myself.
Cooking for yourself means better food than going out, that's for sure. Keeping up your health is so vital, particularly when you live alone, good to be in the habit of eating well.
It sounds delicious. I do love foods which are even better on the second and subsequent reheating. Enjoy it.
I have been at LL all day, and am going to settle for a salad (which I made yesterday) for dinner tonight.
I'm making meatloaf today and maybe, just maybe my African peanut coconut soup which is an old treasure and so scrumptious.
Yours sounds divine and always better the following day with the settling in of the flavours.
XO
WWW
Yum. Delicious and nourishing. Excellent.
We had leftovers yesterday. But they were delicious.
I had curry for lunch at work! Didn't make it, though, obviously. It is interesting how curries and chili and soups always taste better on the second day.
I'm always happy to eat good leftovers for as long as they last. What's cooking here is basic vegetable soup. I am trying hard to lose some weight and it makes all the difference to have something healthy and delicious ready to eat instead of reaching for something unhealthy. Pea soup is next on my list of soups to make. Your soup sounds very good and nourishing.
I like curry. Today my husband is making a mini Thanksgiving meal so we can celebrate early with his daughter. Turkey breast, mac and cheese, maple carrots, and (her request) red jello. And pumpkin pie.
Post a Comment