It has been a long two weeks...
Between doctor visits, home exercises and trips to an increasingly cold swimming pool to try and maintain the pain-free status finally achieved in September, I've been catching up on all sorts of things, from paperwork to sleep to a re-configuration of my bedroom closet so that I can now reach my clothing from a seated position when necessary. You've no idea what a nuisance it is not to be able to reach blouses, trousers, suits, robes and other items when dressing for the day or hanging up newly-laundered things. A woman friend who enjoys doing small projects looked at the unused and ill-conceived space in my closet and offered to re-configure the shelving, drawers and area used for hanging clothing. She did something the previous installer had not and used a stud finder to correctly position shelves and brackets so that I no longer worry about anything falling down. It took about three hours once we had the necessary hardware and she even patched the holes. My longtime handy man could not have done better and in fact, turned his nose up at this job. This same woman friend also took me to the hospital for treatment of a cat bite and thrifting for some needed clothing. She is a jewel. The injury has healed and I can now type without wanting to wince.
Until Next Time...
11 comments:
Your friend sounds like an angel.
How marvelous to get our closet organized
My best
Helen
I am sure that this woman values your friendship as much as you value hers. Sometimes the gift is to be allowed to help another. Practical people like to do practical things and make the world a little easier to live in. It's smart that you evaluate your surroundings and adapt to changes. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes can suggest an improvement that you have not thought of.
i am glad that your friend was able to help...and that you are making progress...
Aww sounds like a little good mixed with the bad. I'm glad things seem to be getting easier. Do you have government sponsored occ therapy there? My aunt's house was made much more friendly thanks to our local area health service and it was free for her.
I'm glad you have such good and able help! What feline decided to eat you for breakfast? :)
Helen T,
Yes, and to be able to find things when I need them.
ER,
I've been searching for someone to do this for ages...It really is difficult finding people who consider how I need to use things!
Brian,
Thanks!
Baino,
No govt-sponsored anything here...the fixes are all on me...
Barbara,
I accidentally caught Jacob's toes in the washing machine lid when I lowered it after putting in laundry. He went nuts because he was frightened and one of his teeth caught my finger. All is well now, though.
Bravo to your woman friend! Glad you got that sorted out.
It's the little victories in life that keep me coming back for more.
If you want a job done correctly...get a woman!
I agree with English Rider's comment, it can be great to be allowed to help by doing something you're good at.
Hang on to that lady friend. they're the best!!
:)~
HUGZ
E - I've been catching up with your lovely blog. I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend. My dear, what a relief it must be to have someone whom you can rely on...if you need anything next time, do drop me a line. Your friend, ASD x
Post a Comment