Mercy' s litter box issues continue. It is an anxiety problem, from my reading. She is taking Miralax and Metamucil. They assist her in going so she does not become constipated and unable to go...Things are improving bit by little bit.
As for me, I am doing more daily but still tire easily. The outbreak of cyclospora has changed my eating, a pain for someone primarily existing on salads and fruits. A recent broadcast featured a physician telling us, "if you cannot peel it or cook it, do not eat it." I heard this all the time living and travelling abroad.
I've had a bout of food poisoning from pre-cooked, vacuum packed clams from Vietnam courtesy of Amazon Fresh. I'll not be ordering those again.
Happy Saturday. My first ninety day check for cancer recurrence is July 31.
14 comments:
Thank you for checking in. I've been wanting to know how you're both doing. Not surprising that Mercy has anxiety, after the upheaval in her life.
I stewed my fruit, unusual for me, but it seemed like a good idea. And steamed the greens and carrots. Yes, I'd steer away from shellfish, a bit dodgy.
I hope your strength and stamina keep growing.
I hope Mercy continues to improve. I hate that you got food poisoning, especially when you’re healing. I’ll be thinking good thoughts for your next scan.
Xoxo
Barbara
Thank you for the update. Hope Mercy will feel better about things once she feels less anxious. You are being wise with being cautious about eating raw fruits and vegetables. I was told to avoid eating salads when I was having chemo and afterwards, I washed everything in vinegar water before eating.
I'm so happy to hear from you. Poor Mercy. You sure did not need the extra problem of food poisoning.
Thanks for the update. I popped in to see how you were doing. Can understand why Mercy is anxious. Animals have such sweet souls and know what’s going on. I have had food poisoning in the past so am also wary about these things and you are very wise. I will also be sending good thoughts for your next scan.
Managing Mercy's anxiety and litter box issues is a slow process, but seeing little improvements is a great sign. Having that cyclospora outbreak mess up your fruit and salad diet is incredibly frustrating, especially while dealing with food poisoning from those clams. Navigating all that food hassle when you are already tiring easily takes a lot of patience. Wishing you the absolute best on July 31 for your ninety day check, we are all pulling for a great update.
Hi E -- thanks for the update. I'm sure Mercy will calm down over time and hopefully these issues will resolve. She's probably still got PTSD from her "vacation" away from home during your treatment! And yeah, I don't blame you for being careful about produce just now.
Mercy does not exhibit PTSD symptoms and is acting normal but for pooping. The vets and I see this as anxiety and it is changing a bit.
Thanks for your kind remarks and I am going to check out Holly Jackson.
Thanks and that is a good idea for fruit!
Thank you!
Did your doctors advise the vinegar? I did not get much advice except for protein and fresh food and smaller meals more often.
Thanks. I hope you have success regarding your back.
Thanks but it is more like a biopsy. A scan is easier though.
Post a Comment