Friday, March 6, 2026

Mercy has a problem...

 She had a pleasant check up and shots during her annual exam just days ago, pending the results of urine and blood tests. Her urine revealed crystals and an elevated calcium level and though no infection is currently present, the vet has prescribed antibiotics and Forti Flora for five days as preventative to further issues such as eventual kidney infection.

Mercy is behaving normally. I am a bit shook up as Monday is a live appointment at the cancer center. Mercy's friend and pet sitter is visiting Monday afternoon and coming on subsequent evenings to help medicate her.  I am grateful to have this help.



13 comments:

Sandra said...

Those eyes ❤️ Hopefully this will prevent further problems. Appointments in general can cause anxiety. This appointment would be a heightened anxiety for me, too.

Boud said...

I hope you both do well. I'm glad, too, that you have help available for Mercy. And for you to navigate the visit to the cancer center. I'm here, just breathing! Best I can do right now.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hope it goes well for you this Monday. Will be thinking of you.

e said...

I hope so. I am more concerned for her than for myself.

e said...

Thanks. I'm sorry you had some nightmares regarding your Mum.

e said...

Thank you, Ivy. I appreciate that.

jenny_o said...

Best of luck on Monday, e. And with Mercy's treatments. Some days (weeks, months, years) seem like just one hard thing after another. Breathe, and keep on keeping on. xx

e said...

Thank you and I hope you can do the same!

Wisewebwoman said...

What an adorable photo! I hope she recovers and quickly and good luck with your own appointment. This sounds very stressful. I am so glad you are getting help.
XO
WWW

37paddington said...

I hope Mercy recovers quickly and that your own appointment goes well.

Bless said...

I hope your appointment went as well as such appointments can go. I hope that Mercy is doing well, too. Lovely photo of her and her big eyes!

jenny_o said...

I hope things are okay with you and Mercy. Thinking of you.

DeniseinVA said...

I hope Mercy is doing better now. I will be thinking of you with this upcoming surgery. I have already read your recent post. Sending you both a virtual hug.