Saturday, February 28, 2026

Periscope Eyes...

 Mercy spent the afternoon crouched as if to spring in the front room, checking out ducks, squirrels. geckos and the odd dog dragging its human on via a leash. Her eyes became saucers and her little head moved back and forth so often I thought she might get dizzy.


She's presently in dreamland, a state I envy since it is after 1 AM. She's started sleeping in her stroller, right next to my bed and very convenient should she desire to push me to feed her courtesy of a flying foot.

I did some chores and read today. Groceries are due Sunday. I'm living on salads, soups and some ready-made items. My cooking gene is in hiding, it seems.

Thanks for the supportive comments. Have a good day.

6 comments:

Boud said...

I bet Mercy claims she's worn out from hunting. Your food choices sound pretty good, even without cooking much.

Sandra said...

I have a weird thing about kitty paws. I find them very cute. So of course I love the Mercy photo. Even though cooking isn't something you want to do you are keeping yourself well nourished. That's the important thing.

The Happy Whisk said...

OMG. She is a real cutie pie.

Wisewebwoman said...

Soup can be a lifesaver when we're not up to much. And delicious too with a fresh bun taken out of the freezer. Mercy is a dote.
XO
WWW

jenny_o said...

Those feet!! So sweet. My comment about Miss Mercy on your previous post actually belongs here, I realized after hitting Publish.

37paddington said...

Mercy is a good companion. I know you require your privacy, but please do let us know when your surgery will be.