I've been remiss about communicating here. Research and medical issues rule the day and I take time to read visit summaries and ask questions. Since the end of November, I've spoken to a radiation specialist, the anesthesia team that evaluates readiness for surgery and an anesthesiologist about an opioid sparing plan. I am scheduled to see my surgeon in March to finalize plans for surgery and related issues.
I've also re-done and signed all necessary legal documents and have had the misfortune of having to contact the attorney several times to ask for copies as he retains the originals and so far, despite assurances, I have not one scrap of paper. I am past mild annoyance at this point as I attempt to compose a letter of final instruction to those charged the tasks involved in clearing my apartment, concluding my affairs and desired final arrangements and dispersing my assets. This includes getting Miss Mercy to her second home should I pass or seeing to an alternative adoption and keeping her out of our shelter system.
Additionally, I've cleared out possessions, my closet and the outside storage area, thanks to my physical therapist being happy to drop off donations. There is more to do, but it is no longer daunting. My goal is to make the final tasks as easy as possible for those entrusted to them. Hopefully, no-one need scratch their head pondering the fate of an item here.
My attempts to rid my home of carcinogens is ongoing. At the moment, I'm seated in long johns listening to the heat cut on. It has been damp, cold and miserable here today.
Thank you for your concern and support. Both are much appreciated.
16 comments:
You're doing absolutely everything! With such grace and courage. Thank you for posting. Just an hour ago I was planning on emailing you this evening to ask how you were doing. I hope you can get some peace of mind with all these decisions made or in progress.
You are an inspiration! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and heart.
It's great to be prepared, E, but don't assume the worst! We're all here for you and wishing you well.
I too planned to email you today. You must have felt our vibes. This is a courageous and very thoughtful plan, just incase. I'm so happy to hear from you.
Oh e, you are such an inspiration to me. This must take a huge amount of energy and you are a heroine of the first order. Sending you light and love and courage. And thank you so much for this update.
XO
WWW
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone going to these lengths to be prepared for surgery. I hope that none of the things you've prepared for will need to be utilized.
Thanks!
Thank you!
I don't assume anything but since I am elderly for someone living in my disabled body, being prepared is important.
Thanks!
Thank you. You are right about the level of energy. Stay happy and guard your peace.
Thank you for the update. This is such a difficult time for you, but, you are being wise and proactive, taking all the necessary steps to put things in order now. I, too, saw a lawyer and a financial planner and put things in order before my surgery because i wanted to make sure that my daughter would be taken care of and provided for in case something happened to me. Please know that you are in my prayers and may the days ahead be peaceful and serene.
Thanks for your kind support. Much appreciated!
Continuing to think of you and keeping you in my prayers, e. Wishing you all the best.
Just popping in to let you know I am still think good thoughts for you :)
I thank you for sharing your journey with us. I love that someone is taking your donates away for you. That is most helpful. I also love how thoughtful you are regarding everything, including Miss Mercy. Huggs and love to you. ❤️
Post a Comment