Tuesday, February 4, 2025

If it is Tuesday...

 It must be trash day, and luckily, I got mine in, courtesy of an anonymous younger neighbor.  Though quite pleasant, she did not introduce herself.  Have you noticed that neighbors don't do that anymore? I might have simply avoided her had she not offered to take my bag. She did, and got my thanks and hopes for a good day.

Have any of you been listening to Heather Cox Richardson? If not, Google her and lend an ear. Plaudits to her for cutting through confusion and explaining some of the current goings on in government, Did any of you elect a South African-born computer hacker and six of his cronies? Are any of your legislators attempting to stop this? Try calling and asking...

Mercy is fine and has been very active today.  She is sixteen months old as of today and still plays like a kitten. She has developed a disdain for photos so hides or runs if the phone comes out, so the picture here is not commemorative.

Meals have been largely a simple combination of ready ingredients and vegetables. My splurge has been cheese and crackers. It has become Spring-like but my favorite meteorologist assures me that another cold snap is in the offing...

Cheers from Crackerland...



6 comments:

Boud said...

I get Heather Cox Richardson newsletter regularly. She's a good historian as well as political analyst. She also knows to take a day off regularly, good self care.

Elle Clancy said...

I do listen to her. Some sanity in this world. I will have to see what she says about Trump's latest nonsense about Gaza and taking it over. Glad Mercy is doing better!

Ms. Moon said...

It is EXACTLY like spring here. And yet, as all Floridians know, February is not the month to place your bets on that.

Sandra said...

Yes I read and listen to her. Frieda didn't slow down until she was at least 3, maybe longer. She isn't the flying monkee anymore, but she is still Frieda!

Steve Reed said...

Olga also runs (or complains) when the cameras come out. Funny how animals perceive photography. They must wonder what the heck we're doing.

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad to hear she's still like a kitten. Nice that the lady helped. I don't find names needed for stuff like that. I talk with sooooo many folks when I'm out and really no need to say names (for me). When I'm out, I always get asked where stuff is, always. It's happened all my life. Or someone will come up to me in produce and start asking me cooking questions. I talk, chat but see no need to introduce myself.