Tuesday, February 25, 2025

Finally

 Mercy arrived home amid clouds and rain. Her pet sitter placed her in the stroller and latched it shut so Mercy  could not be underfoot during the unpacking and putting together of her kitty condo cubes. None too happy regarding this arrangement, Little Miss vocalized steadily for the next hour and a half. By then, all accoutrements unboxed, she seemed exhausted. Let free, she made for my lap and licked my hands repeatedly before falling asleep in her stroller. 

She has since explored every inch of me and our apartment, as if to reassure herself that she is indeed home.



8 comments:

Steve Reed said...

What a relief, for her and you!

Boud said...

I wonder if she wondered if she'd ever see you again. I wish we could explain!

37paddington said...

And all is well with the world. At least in her little corner.

Sandra said...

If ever there was any question of how she felt about you, there isn't anymore. She loves you.

Damselfly said...

Mercy has the most adorable face! So glad you're home together.

Ms. Moon said...

You are both HOME. The best place to be.

Joanne Noragon said...

She is a wonderful cat.

jenny_o said...

I'm so glad you had help with this enormous task, e. Mercy has beautiful colouration; her face is especially striking. Now both of you can just breathe and relax for a bit, I hope.