Sunday, December 29, 2024

Speaking of Cheetos...

 

These were a favorite childhood snack, I cringe when I look at the list of ingredients today but the fake flavor and orange dust from the coating that left my lips and tongue a funny color were a treat as a kid though I did lose my taste for them as I got older. No longer can I think of them without also thinking of  a head of hair, just as one of my commenters has done. An airy, fake, colored substance that no-one really needs and which may ultimately harm health is an apt description.

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

A VERY apt description. Sadly.

Steve Reed said...

I used to love them too. I'm horrified when I think of all the awful things I ate as a kid. And yeah, they have unpleasant modern associations!

Sandra said...

I also really liked them once-upon-a-time. I cannot have Pringles anywhere near me, I still will devour the whole container!

The bike shed said...

We still have these sorts of snacks in the UK - no doubt with fewer additives. They are designed to make you want more I'm sure...