Sunday, December 29, 2024

Life at Mercy's party pad...

 The roses are fully opened and gorgeous though the leaves and greenery are a bit worn from Mercy's inspections and nibbling. She smells the flowers but won't chew their petals and she seems enchanted by their fragrance.

Her catnip toys, which she adores, are strewn throughout the flat. Mercy plays to the point of exhaustion and gives me a workout as well since it is my job to throw them, collect them and store them when she is done.

I've had little unbroken sleep the last few nights, so the dismal, rainy day we've had has been devoted to napping, laundry, reading and a no cook vegetable supper. A friend texted to say former President Carter passed today.  An honorable man and a life of service as well as a Nobel Prize awardee, veteran and a person of compassion so unlike the soon-to-be inaugurated.

I leave you this. Have a good evening.


 

10 comments:

Boud said...

I love the comic! Too true. Carter was one of the few truly good men we'll know. I'm glad for him he got to vote for Kamala, then left before the return of tfg.

Joanne Noragon said...

And just think: the flag will be at half staff when the orange cheto is inagurated.

Elephant's Child said...

Love the comic. And mourn the loss of (another) good man.

Ms. Moon said...

Do you ever think about getting another cat for Mercy to play with or would that be just one cat too many?

Sandra said...

You put the image os a Simon's Cat video I saw recently. He had a catnip toy. I have the perfect image of mercy enjoying herself. Jimmy Carter was a noble person.

e said...

You gave me quite a chuckle with this. Maybe the flag should stay that way for the duration of his last term. I will miss Jimmy though.

e said...

Agreed

e said...

Yes

e said...

Not all cats respond well to other cats. She is fine and happy and we live in a small space so why upset things. As an indoor young cat, it is recommended to play several times a day and getting up before dawn is part of the normal hunting cycle for them. As she ages, she will slow down.

e said...

She's a total cutie with her banana and yes, unfortunately most politicos pale in comparison to him regarding integrity.