At this point, Milton us forecast to be our next named hurricane which is not good news for Florida and possibly parts of Georgia. Landfall is projected for Wednesday of this coming week between Fort Myers and the Tampa area. All eyes will be on this to determine both intensity and path as Milton continues to form. This is the information as of this morning.
One of my readers asked when this would end. We have the entire month of October and all of November to get through as hurricane season runs from 1 June to 30 November.
Mercy and I plan to enjoy this cooler sunny day before the rains come tomorrow.
7 comments:
This season seems more intense to me. You two enjoy the nice day while you can. I hope you won't need to huddle in your bathroom.
Yes, enjoy what you can while you can. This is a very tough hurricane season.
In the Caribbean we have a saying about hurricanes that goes like this: "June, too soon; July, stand by; August, come it must; September, remember; October, all over." I dare say with climate change we need to move that calendar back a month into November, because here we are in October, and it's definitely not all over. Good luck there.
Revel in your quiet day - and I hope that Milton looses steam.
I wonder what will get the attention of all on this threat to humanity? So awful for you and this constant worry. I lived through 1 horrific hurricane and honestly, it haunts me still.
XO
WWW
Hi E -- just a note to say I'm thinking about you. I hope Milton weakens as expected. Stay safe!
My dear E,
I hope you and Mercy are staying safe and enjoying sunny days. I can't believe that there is another hurricane is coming after the most recent one. There is not even a moment to have a sign of relief! Sometimes these storms come in clusters. It is so sad to realise that it is happening in one of the most beautiful parts of the country with so many charming and quaint towns. It is not fair. But during the hard times, we often learn that we have greater strength and resilience than we know. I'll be thinking of you and Mercy. Please stay safe. I'm sending you all my thoughts and prayers to your way.
Post a Comment