Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Anxious

 It is 1 in the morning on Wednesday, October 9, and the ugliest and most frightening hurricane anyone has ever seen will be here in a matter of hours. I was unable to get any help in boarding my windows so I have made a safe room in my small bathroom, the only room without walls. Water, radio, batteries, flashlights, trash bags, snacks and my electronics will be stashed in there, along with my precious Mercy.

How we will emerge from this, I have no idea. The storm track has taken a slightly more southerly track but both the wind field and intensity increased with the change of eye. An update will be available at 5 AM.

If the power goes out as I anticipate, I will not be posting. I wish you all well and hope to see you again soon.

 

6 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry and hope that it is not as bad as forecast. I will hold you and Mercy in my heart.

Ms. Moon said...

You know we are all thinking of you. May the storm leave you unharmed in any way.

Steve Reed said...

Stay safe, E. I'm thinking about you and everyone I know in Tampa.

Wisewebwoman said...

Catastrophic e. My heart breaks for you. Fervently hoping all will be OK.
Let us know as soon as you can.
XO
WWW

Elle Clancy said...

Hope you have made it through the storm okay!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I hope you are safe. It was a terrible storm. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.