I am once more up before the birds, awaiting a grocery order which should arrive in the next hour or so. Things are wonderfully peaceful this time of day. I am now going to bed a full ten hours or so before I arise and this is the first day I have begun to feel like myself since hurricane Milton. It is a good time to meditate and do the stretches and exercises I've done for years.
Mercy is blissfully asleep in her stroller and I've had the last of the hot food for breakfast with some hot tea and water. It has been five days since my last grocery order and I rather like knowing I've consumed the majority of perishable food before more arrives. There is less potential for waste. Many things are still low or out of stock, including basics like bread and eggs, which are in especially high demand right now as power is being restored. I am grateful for what I can get, and send silent thanks to the over 6000 lineman and women, some from as far away as Canada, who have worked tirelessly to help people here.
Housekeeping is on the agenda for today which includes laundry. I have been reading. getting extra sleep, paying bills and caring for Mercy who has gone back to playing and having the zoomies. The stress of this season will not abate until it is completely gone and while it is cool and beautiful at the moment, I refuse to be seduced by stories of paradise past. Climate change is upon us and climate refugees are a real and expanding phenomenon. I am continuing to learn about and research this topic, still working on my family tree and starting to look elsewhere for a potential new home.
Wishing all of you a sweet new day!
6 comments:
Lovely to read your post today and the "normals" finally in your wee home. I was so happy to read that contingents from Newfoundland, our tiny province headed down to help in the US as well. Neighbours. I am happy you are being realistic. No one should have to live what you all have been through over and over again. One of the reasons I moved her was because of climate change. The weather in Ontario was becoming problematic.
XO
WWW
Minnesota would love to have you! Meaning, me. It's good to read you are both recovering from that trauma.
I'm glad you can start to enjoy this interlude of calm. And I don't blame you for considering a move.
I am also up v early, (though I hope to get back to bed later). I am so very glad that you are both in a period of calm.
I am always so happy to hear about help coming from all over the country.
Sounds like Little Miss knew you were having a bad dream and helped you out. I am not sleeping very well lately so I sympathize. I didn’t realize you were near the hurricanes. I hope you were okay. Wishing you a peaceful and restful weekend.
Post a Comment