Finally, the call I anticipated arrived just after eight this morning and the technician was at my door within 45 minutes with a cushion and cover. Designed to provide support and prevent pressure sores, they are expensive and very necessary for wheelchair users not only for comfort and support but stability and eliminating a potential health threat.
I left the chair on the screened porch with a box containing a sling (seat) with rails and screws which I had the presence of mind to purchase from another company while waiting for this visit. This was installed, as were a spare set of casters, also purchased as spares, along with two new Kenda tires I've had for several years, a back cover and cushion cover, extra screws and a new foot plate cover. My foot plate is part of the frame of this chair but has a cover, which, at fifteen years old, bit the dust by cracking while I was waiting for this appointment. Unfortunately, the cover could not be put on during this visit for lack of a rivet gun.
To my surprise, the technician used all of my spare parts. When I called my vendor to inquire about the parts I had ordered from them, I was told by billing that they would need to speak with the technician and parts department to determine what happened. In the meantime, the technician, who had departed, called to tell me the parts were in his truck. He will be back with a rivet gun and parts Wednesday morning.
This has taken four weeks...
3 comments:
So far, so good. Handsome Partner used a wheelchair in his later years and I remember how vital things like the cushion was, way beyond just comfort. It's a health issue. I'm glad you finally got the work done. It shouldn't have been this long and hard to get
I am so glad that the end is finally in sight.
You are going to be so relieved when this is all over.
Post a Comment