Friday, July 5, 2024

Exhausted from useless booms...


 Gone are the days when people attended organized public fireworks displays. Now, they set them off in neighborhoods, regardless of the hour and heedless of noise ordinances, scaring small animals and making their guardians bleary-eyed. Mercy was frightened and hid beneath furniture in a room furthest from the noise. When she finally emerged this morning, she was hungry and exhausted. Sometimes I find humans to be the stupidest and most insensitive of species.


Happy weekend...

8 comments:

Boud said...

Poor little Mercy! and you, missing sleep right along with her.

Elephant's Child said...

I totally agree with your assessment of our species. I hope you and Mercy can rest today.

Joanne Noragon said...

It's lovely to have the holiday over, possible excepting a few left over fireworks.

Ms. Moon said...

You know- when it comes to fireworks, I think that the stereotypes are perfectly true. It seems to me that the male of the species is the one that loves and lights them.

Sandra said...

They are illegal in Minnesota, yet they are set off and the law is not enforced. I've come to despise them. Hope you and Mercy have both recovered.

37paddington said...

In NYC, volunteers go the animal shelters to comfort the animals on the evening of July fourth, as they are certain to be traumatized by the booms.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Although illegal here , people still set them off at their homes. Hope Mercy its ok now.

Wisewebwoman said...

I believe they are banning them here and I am so glad. My dogs would be terror stricken. I didn't hear any on July 1st, Canada Day and normally I would. To me they are abhorrent, reminiscent of war, etc. And completely unnecessary and frightening to many not just animals.
I hope Mercy is back to her normal little self.
XO
WWW