Have you ever gone to bed early but been thwarted in sleep? I fell asleep at 7:45 last evening and awakened shortly after 1 AM to heed the call of nature. I did not get to sleep again until after 9 AM by which time I had ordered groceries and put them away, sorted and put away laundry, taken out trash and recyclables, cleaned and mopped the bathroom, seen to Mercy's needs and chores, eaten breakfast and done the dishes and then slept until just after 1 PM.
Cooking for the rest of the week was on my agenda for today but I am bushed at the minute and will do that tomorrow, at least that is the plan now. Another meeting of our HOA is scheduled for Thursday evening and the only topic of discussion listed on the agenda sent out via email is "Board personality conflicts resolution."
In all my years here, this is the first time I have ever seen this on an agenda. Though I am glad the board is open about it, I do wonder whether there can be effective resolution and why those involved need to involve the rest of us in the attempt. Owners here are allotted three minutes to speak after all of the other agenda items have been dealt with by the board. Having served on the board from 1999-2004, I know that such conflicts do arise and I hope that folks can focus on their joint desire for a clean, safe and financially responsible community.
That hope is followed by skepticism.
How was your day??
8 comments:
On the sleep front sadly yes. After waking ever twenty minutes or so I gave up and got up shortly before three. And I have a busy day ahead.
I hope the board meeting isn't as bad as you fear. And that you are sufficiently rested to cook tomorrow.
Well. That was a succinct message from the HOA.
Your sleep and wake schedule is pretty reversed at the moment! As long as you do get sleep though, it's all good.
It does sound odd that they can't be grown-ups and handle things between themselves.
Oh yeah, I've gone to bed early only to wake with a start a few hours later.
I was so sick yesterday that I ate no supper and only a small bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Then I wen back to bed.
Best of luck with the mystery line on the agenda
Joanne, I am sorry you were so ill. I hope you feel better soon!
Elephant's Child, I hope your long day goes smoothly. Lack of sleep is hard to deal with.
Happy Whisk, yes indeed!
Boud, I'll certainly try!
Ms Moon, indeed it was!
Well, that's interesting. I think I'd go to the meeting just to see what comes of it! It might be entertaining if not exactly productive.
I'm glad you were able to sleep later in the day. My day was uneventful, just some puttering.
Post a Comment