Thursday, April 25, 2024

Looking forward to the weekend

 I had an interesting time attempting to get on a Zoom meeting for this condominium board meeting which written notice said was at 6 PM while email stated 6:30 PM. We convened at the later time minus the representative from the cable company who wanted to speak about a ten-year contract. He left rather than waiting and after an hour of plodding at which our board only made it through a small portion of a very long list, I gave up and got on with Mercy's and my evening meal.

Our association finances remain very short due to an insurance problem and borrowing from the reserves which we must pay back by the end of the summer. More will be revealed once the state statutes are checked. Dollar signs flashed before my eyes.



After a very late night, I'm betting the eyes will clamp shut before the head hits the pillow. The little girl, who is normally a whirling dervish at night, has already gone into the arms of Morpheus.

Sweet dreams!

7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I hope both of your sleep very well. And have an excellent weekend.

Boud said...

I hope the HOA issues get sorted. That's worrying stuff.

Ms. Moon said...

It's hard to imagine anything more boring than a Zoom meeting with a condominium board. That's probably what made Mercy so sleepy.

Sandra said...

I hate seeing dollar signs in front of my eyes. Hope you and Mercy slept well.

The Happy Whisk said...

I hope you both had a good night of sleep. Dollar signs would be spinning for me too.Q Question: Does everyone have to have the same cable?

Wisewebwoman said...

I positively hate being nervous about money, lack of it that it. I do wish the best of sleeps with Mercy modeling the perfect snooze.
XO
WWW

MELODY JACOB said...

It sounds like quite the eventful evening with the confusion over the meeting time and the issues discussed during the condominium board meeting. Dealing with financial matters and potential legal issues can definitely be stressful, especially when there's uncertainty about how to proceed. Hopefully, the state statutes will provide some clarity and guidance moving forward. In the meantime, it's important to take a breather and focus on the things that bring comfort, like enjoying a meal with Mercy. Hang in there! By the way, be sure to check out my latest blog post!