The giant of social media has locked me out from my account as over the weekend my four-legged friend caused havoc by first walking on then sprawling across my key board when I went to get the laundry.
The incident left the screen flipped and my apps in chaos, which included Facebook. I've tried leaving my phone as requested to get a code when my profile appears because I am on a device Facebook recognizes but no code ever appears on my phone at the number I've had for twenty-five years. I've had my Facebook account since 2015.
I've attempted to contact Facebook, now Meta, by phone, only to be told to go online to the Meta help pages which really do not help. Additionally, after trying several times today, Facebook informed me that I am temporarily locked out as a result of in putting my phone number too quickly, something which seems laughable given my motor skills and how slowly I type. At any rate, I'm thinking this separation may be permanent as life is really too short for this aggravation.
It has been cool, cloudy and wet today and apart from making a stir fry with tofu and tending to herself, I've been enjoying a rather engrossing book from the warmth of my bed. Flannel sheets are lovely.
Cheers!
6 comments:
It sounds as if you're ready to try going it without FB. Good for you. I hope you can reshape your life happily without it if it works out that way. I've never had a FB account, though I've been active on line for a long time. You do get used to checking in with a platform.
Oh wow, e, how nasty of them. My a/c was compromised recently and it took me several hours to get back on after they texted me a code. It was essential I get back on board as I manage/admin quite a few groups.
What a nuisance for you.
I'd give it another try perhaps? they ask for verification in multiple steps after you get on board which I found was excellent. They also mentioned they only get you back on board if you try logging in. Not email, not phone. Just try logging in and they will walk you through the process. I hope that helps.
XO
WWW
I tried several times today only to be told I was temporarily locked out because I put my number in too fast, as I said and the community link to air a complaint led nowhere.
Well, perhaps your darling little demon has done you a favor although as much as I sort of hate FB, I don't think I would be very happy if I got locked out.
I stopped using FB in 2019 and have never regretted it. I stopped with Instagram maybe 2 years ago. This is the only social platform I use now and I am happy with that. Maybe this is kismet?
It may be a good thing to be locked out! 😂 I am not on Facebook, so I don't really know.
Post a Comment