Sunday, February 18, 2024

A Soup kinda weekend

 It is chilly, sunless, dark and wet and has been so for the majority of the weekend. Wee girl and I have been in bed beneath blankets with books and cups of tea. When I finally arose to feed us both, she registered this turn of fortune with licks to my arms and face and has so far consumed a bowl of kitten kibble and a 3 ounce can of wet food. I have made tea and have a pot of lentil vegetable soup slowly simmering away.

She is fine. me, not so much. After getting some groceries in before 8 AM and putting them away. my mad dash to the dumpster resulted in getting soaked and chilled. Despite a warm shower and dry clothing. I awoke coughing. slightly congested and still chilled, hence the soup. Mercy has ensconced herself in sheets and blankets but follows me every time I leave the bedroom as though concerned.

I am taking lots of vitamin C and D and plan on lots of extra sleep the next few days.

Cheers!

9 comments:

Boud said...

This sounds like a good plan. Good thing you cook. Homemade soup is just right now.

Joanne Noragon said...

With Mercy in bed with you this setback will be of short duration.

Ms. Moon said...

Mercy is your nursey cat.

Sandra said...

I'm sorry you are ill, but very happy you have the wee one to keep you company. I think I will make some lentil soup.

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh my, I was in soup mode too and made my mother's leek soup recipe. And froze a few jars. Your little Mercy sounds the perfect feline companion.
XO
WWW

DUTA said...

Sleep is the best medicine!

Sandi said...

How are you doing now? 🍲🍵🍭

DeniseinVA said...

Oh dear, sorry you developed a bad cough. Those are horrible but I expect your soup was very comforting. What helps me and you have probably heard this before, is a glass of hot water, juice of a fresh lemon, honey and a little ginger, freshly grated or powdered, amount to taste. Stir and wait until you can sip comfortably. I find it very soothing. I read your other post that you are feeling better, so glad.

The Happy Whisk said...

Animals know when we're sick. It's the best. They are so smart. Sorry you got sick. Here's to getting healed up.