Friday, December 1, 2023

Thanksgiving : Behind the scenes

 A friend posted to social media a photo of a tiny stray kitten she found sleeping in her garage. Having been a vet nurse and with temperatures cooling, she brought the calico inside, keeping it away from her adult cats until it could be checked for contagious Felv and FIV, feline leukemia and feline AIDS. This took several days as the minimum weight at which a cat can be tested is two pounds and the little girl needed to eat a bit to get there. On Wednesday of this week, she met that goal and was seen by a vet at her local Planned Pethood, given her first de-wormer and checked for both. Results were negative,

My friend arrived with her last evening. She two pounds of pure energy. So far, she has escaped a latched pet stroller twice and gone missing for over and hour in my apartment. I am sure this is why my vet suggested a senior when Lukas neede s home.

5 comments:

Boud said...

There will be very few dull moments chez e from now on!

Sandra said...

My prior post called her a tortie. I love calicos, too! I knew there was a kitty who would find you. Kittens.....:)

Ms. Moon said...

Yes! Kittens are so often a pain in the ass but at the same time, adorable. And then they become your best friends. I hope this works out.

Elephant's Child said...

You will have your hands full - but I am glad for you.

DUTA said...

Hopefully you've got the right kitten - a cute friend and companion!