Thanksgiving was a quiet day. I ate a late lunch of veggie roast with stuffing, gravy and greens beans with a mixed greens salad and baked potato. I had a varietal boquet lending my favorite colors to the place setting. Very easy and minimal clean up. My version of holiday happiness. This is very far from the holiday tables with which I was raised and that is very much by design at this point. I'd rather enjoy the day than fret in the kitchen.
The rest of the day was beautiful, I went for a brief roll around the neighborhood, then home to a book and a leisurely nap after which I finally hung the pet portraits I have had for momths. Photos will be forthcoming as a couple of you wanted to see what they looked like when hung. Unfortunately they are not all together but occupy two walls, one in my small entry way and another in the bedroom. I miss them, especially Lukas, about whom I have been dreaming lately.
I recall mentioning that my recent forays into pet adoption have not been wonderful...We will see what the future holds.
I hope you all enjoyed the day and I'll be back soon/
Cheers!

6 comments:
That roast looks interesting. I'm glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. ON the kitty front, we'll see how that goes. There are always unforeseen hitches.
It's good to hear from you. I'm with you on enjoying the day, not laboring in the kitchen. I look forward to the pictures when you reveal them and hope when you are ready the kitty will be there for you.
Why is pet adoption so hard? I guess my experience is limited. My cats just showed up and told me they were moving in so they adopted me as much as I adopted them.
I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.
Glad you had a good and peaceful day. Out Thanksgiving is always a bit chaotic, and I find I am starting to look forward to the quiet low key Christmas that follows on its heels, though it looks very different from the Christmases of my youth, too. I used to feel sad about that, but acceptance of the present has finally arrived.
Your lunch sounds like something I would enjoy too.
My idea of holiday happiness is also a quiet day, and minimal kitchen work.
Great to see a post from you e. That roast looks great and so lovely when we can fix our own meals and tables just to please ourselves and no one else.
XO
WWW
Post a Comment