Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Dead phone, no charge, what a total pain...

 So, I noticed the battery on my phone was low and attempted to charge it to no avail. I then called the service provider and after a laundry list quiz, the representative informed me the phone is out of date and I needed another. This is planned obsolesence at its finest...Another is on the way via mail and is a newer version of the one I've had for the last six years or so. I will need someone with another phone with me to activate it and since I cannot call anyone to arrange that, I cannot worry until the new phone is in hand. If you think this is a bit funny, it just goes to show how unnecessarily complicated humans make things. The fact that I am without a phone for the next few hours or perhaps longer should not concern me but it does.




5 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry about the phone frustrations. They did that to our phones awhile back.

Boud said...

It worries when I don't have an operative phone. So that I can understand. Meanwhile, just be watching your mailbox, take your mind off the phone.

Elephant's Child said...

I am so sorry to read this.

Sandra said...

We do need the phone, just incase. It should arrive quickly, at least that has been my experience.

Wisewebwoman said...

What an awful thing, e, so you don't any way of reaching help in an emergency? Outrageous how this can happen in the endless greed to create markets for products. I heard this obsolescence is built into phones, etc, but do wonder how it's done.
I hope it gets expressed to you.
XO
WWW