Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Not feeling good

 Someone gifted me some sugar free dark and milk chocolates. Without checking the ingredients, I enjoyed a few. Within two hours, I was hostage to the bathroom and a severe case of the runs, stomach pain and general malaise. Apparently commercially made sugar free candies contain ingredients that can irritate the gastrointestinal tract. 

I don't feel much like eating though I did manage plain yogurt and fruit. I also managed a shower, cleaning and mopping the bathroom, taking out the trash and feeding the little diva, who is now resting on the freshly washed load of bathroom towels it took to clean up after me.

I am making some hot tea and sipping water. I have done all I can today.







8 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Yeah, some of those fake sugars really do numbers on tummies. Sorry that was you. The little Diva is looking cute as ever.

Ms. Moon said...

I'm sorry you had to learn that you are very sensitive to those ingredients in such a painful way.

DUTA said...

Tea can help. Soda water is even better. The gas neutralizes the toxins in the stomach, or whatever causes you discomfort. I always keep a little bottle of soda water in the fridge.
Feel better soon!

Elephant's Child said...

I am so sorry to read this. Rest up as much as you can and feel better soon.

Sandra said...

Considering how you feel you did quite a bit. Little Diva looks adorable.

Boud said...

I can't tolerate any sugar free foods. The substitute for sugar upsets me similarly. Sorry you found out the hard way.

Joanne Noragon said...

Sad to have to read the list of ingredients on a "harmless" treat. Herself looks quite pleased with the warm, soft towels.

Wisewebwoman said...

So sorry to read this, I had the same reaction to those lethal chemicals. Sick for days. Like they say if you can't spell it, say it or recognize it, don't eat it.
But your little one is truly lovely.
XO
WWW