Sunday, June 11, 2023

Happy Sunday

 The boy has had a good day. I've had some sleep but could use more. I was able to have him on the bed with me this afternoon without incident. He dozed and purred and licked my hand contentedly as I was reading. When he wanted to get down, he let me know and I placed him on the floor where he found his way to the box and water bowl. He has been fed, has clean litter and has preened.

As for me, during his day out on Friday, I cleaned, did all of the laundry, washed hair and other necessities, made the bed with fresh sheets and then took a nap. All of the groceries are in and tonight will be early to bed. I hope some day to be able to write about more than mundane tasks and life with a newly blind feline friend but I figure if people are bored or find this boring, they can move along. The last weeks here have been a bit difficult for Lukas and me as we both adapt to a new routine and changing needs. For those of you who have expressed support, I am grateful.

I have learned much from years of having companion animals. Giving them the time and space they need to adapt to a changing situation is paramount to domestic happiness for both human and cat. I do understand that Lukas is approaching the end of his life. His kidney disease will be the arbiter of the time table for that and I went down this now familiar road with Jacob years ago. Kidney disease is fraught with complications and side effects for cats just as it is in  people. A day-by-day approach is best. Today was a good day.

Wishing everyone a good evening.

4 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I am so glad he is home and once again your cuddle buddy. I have had many experiences with both canine and feline pets in their decline and totally, totally am with you. They always "told" me when it was time and I never let them down despite my broken heart.
XO
WWW

Elephant's Child said...

I am thrilled that you both had a good day. I hope for more of them too - as I know you do.

Boud said...

I'm happy you can celebrate a good day when you get one. It's wise. And good for both of you.

Sandra said...

Hurrah for a good day! Blogs are really just the stories of our lives. This is what binds those of us who do it, we come to know the people we interact with in sometimes intimate ways. Your life is about the care and comfort of Lukas right now and we are concerned for both of you. You have a good heart.