Friday, June 16, 2023

Calmer today

 Lukas and I have had a calm day, mostly spent sleeping. I have light congestion and a cough and he has been loved on, had his trip for fluids, is holding his weight, eating and liking attention between naps. He does not have a UTI, knows how to jump down from the bed successfully and is otherwise adjusting to the change in vision. I've asked that his vet weigh in on the latest incident and will see what she has to say or suggest. He is in a small space with his bed, litter box, water and food so he does not have to walk long distances and his litter box is changed after each use. At this point, I have taken all vet suggestions, read up and implemented changes, all with vet approval. I truly do not know what else to do but cat pee in bed when one is unwell seemed just too much.

I'm hoping for a quiet evening.

10 comments:

DUTA said...

You both deserve calm and quiet. If he's got no UTI, then things should get better. Hopefully, you get some useful advice from the vet!

Boud said...

Let's see if the vet has any insights. She knows him well at this point. Meanwhile, I'm glad today didn't bring more pee drama.

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad that you have both had a better day - and hope there are many more of them.
Huge hugs. For you both.

Ms. Moon said...

Whenever I've had cats pee on the bed it was because they were literally pissed off at me for one reason or another.
Could Lukas have a small bone to pick about something?
Probably not.

Wisewebwoman said...

Amazing how they adapt, My last beloved dog was going blind and was arthritic. I was continually amazed at how she adapted. Even finding a low wall so she could lean against it and poop without hurting herself and trailing me always with her nose.
Lukas is doing so well and adapting. They have so much to teach us.
XO
WWW

Haddock said...

Good to know that you both had a better day

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

So difficult dealing with illness.. I hope you and he get some peace and rest.

Sandra said...

It's good you had a calm day and that Lukas is settling in and adjusting.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Oh you are going through such a challenging time and handling it so well. It's good to just relax with some calm days for both of you. So difficult.

The Happy Whisk said...

I agree, cat pee is not a welccomed thing, sick or not. It's just not. Sorry the little guy is sick and that you have a cough.