Monday, April 17, 2023

Still Here

My body clock is upside down again. Lukas loves to be up at night and his latest trick is to go to bed with me at a normal time and then get up and down. insisting that I pick him up and put him in bed between eating, drinking and using the box. At the moment he is happily ensconced in my bed. I obviously am not. Today is devoted to bills, groceries and his vet appointment, all of which should be done by lunchtime. After that, I'll be getting some beauty rest.

On another note, a friend called Sunday with an offer of homemade soup that I could not refuse. It is a vegan mix of legumes and vegetables which I will probably have for dinner. I've ordered two soup cookbooks, including the latest from blogger Judee Algazi and will hopefully expand my culinary horizons. It is rainy here today so a good soup will fit the bill.

What are you up to??

5 comments:

Boud said...

That's a good friend, offering soup! I do like a good soup. But not so sure about monsieur cat trying to change your circadian rhythm to fit his.

Anonymous said...

What a nice offer from a friend! Soup is one of my favourite things. I hope you catch up on some rest. Wishing you and Lukas a great day ahead.

Sandra said...

Soup and a rainy day, what a good friend! Naughty, naughty Lukas. They do know we are here to serve. We had a snow storm yesterday and soup. I hope he lets you rest this afternoon.

Elephant's Child said...

Yum on the soup front.
I hear you on the body clock issues. It is just after three this morning as I type.

The Happy Whisk said...

Love that she's bringing you soup! Pets are something else at night. We have one dog that in the middle of winter, she loves to go outside and ponder the world.