Monday, April 10, 2023

Monday

 Thanks to those of you who left kind comments and good wishes for the recent holidays.  I am okay, if a bit tired as the furry overlord has been getting me up around 4 AM which has thrown my sleep schedule off, especially when I nap.

Last night I cleaned the box twice  and then had to get up for a small hairball in the hallway. This morning, my small furry overlord is in fine fettle and off to his vet. I've gotten groceries for the remainder of Passover and will be batch cooking once he returns home. Because I did not attend a Seder. I chose to make some non-traditional recipes, including a crust-free quiche with broccoli, cauliflower and carrot, which I've enjoyed. This can be made ahead and served for any meal. making it very versatile. I also do not drink or cook with alcohol so my charoset, a mixture of apples, raisins and nuts, is made with a small amount of honey and either apple or pomegranate juice. I did not make a lot of that this year, preferring to simply enjoy it for one night.

Apart from this. I've been reading and trying to keep up with the spate of audiobooks which seem to all become available at the same time. Recent favorites include: The Light We Carry. Horse. White Like Her, and The Personal Librarian.

Wishing you all a great day!

11 comments:

Boud said...

I make a crust free quiche and really like it. I much prefer the filling to the crust.

I tried the personal librarian but the flatfooted prose soon turned me off, despite the initial promise of the story. Let us know if you get through it though.

DUTA said...

Your 'charoset' sounds wonderful!

Ms. Moon said...

I find that a little balsamic vinegar can substitute nicely in some cases when you don't want to use wine in cooking. Have you tried that?

Sandra said...

I call the crustless quiche an egg bake. I like the crust, I just don't usually feel like making one. I hope the furry overlord is ok. It's really good to hear from you.

Elephant's Child said...

Your charoset does sound good. Hooray for versatile dishes too.

e said...

Thank you everyone for your nice comments. Ms. Moon, I did not know that about balsamic vinegar. thanks for the tip!

Bohemian said...

Glad your little Ball of Fur is doing okay. And that Easter went well, anyone whose a Culinary Jedi I have mad respect for, I have to buy all my Holiday fare, I am Culinary Challenged. *winks*

Bohemian said...

Glad your little Ball of Fur is doing okay. And that Easter went well, anyone whose a Culinary Jedi I have mad respect for, I have to buy all my Holiday fare, I am Culinary Challenged. *winks*

The bike shed said...

I have never heard of these dishes - they sound lovely. Happy Easter and best wishes from here at the Bike Shed.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're both doing well. Happy Thursday to you!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

My Passover cooking is similar to my regular cooking because I am gluten-free and don't use many flour products. You might like our Sephardic CHaroset which is made with soaked raisins, soaked dates, and walnuts. It's like a jam but delicious. Helps the matzoh go down. Glad you had a good holiday and that your cat is good.