Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Three little words

 I survived the seating of a temporary front tooth crown last week. It was a surreal and uncomfortable experience being in a small room with two people so close to my face, particularly since my longtime dentist who owns the practice with partners. was nowhere to be seen. In fact, longstanding employees including two hygienists, a wonderful dental assistant, and at least one receptionist have all retired or moved on. Despite the fact that I've been a patient there since 1992, the dentist I saw called me a new patient and was chagrined when I mentioned otherwise. 

Apart from the fact that I saw more than one employee with their masks around their chins, and that the assistant for the dentist attending me removed hers at one point and spoke to me in the chair while the dentist was working, the IT person entered the room and introduced himself, also without a mask, So much for letting the office know in advance that I am considered vulnerable to COVID and requesting that they wear PPE. I was in two masks and a face shield and waited outside until I was called. I hope things go quickly at my follow up. Since my regular dentist is semi-retired, I won't be seeing him again. This is unfortunate since the lone female dentist I saw there. though very nice, needs some work on her injection technique, judging from the fact that my mouth was sore for almost a week after the temporary was put in which has never happened before.

On another subject, I am growing increasingly familiar with the three little words, Out of Stock. Supply chain perhaps???

What do you think?



Photo courtesy of Wikimedia and Richard, Canton, US 2006 chimpanzee at Knoxville Zoo



5 comments:

Boud said...

Sorry about all the changes at your dentist. It's hard enough without their adding to the stress. Let's hope all goes well and you can stay away from them after that for a while.

There's a lot of gaps in availability these days, yes. I think suppliers may have come to the end of their stockpiling before new supplies arrive. It's showing up in odd places, too, parts for practically anything being hard to get.

Ms. Moon said...

That must have been a traumatizing experience for sure. I am so sorry.

Sandra said...

I'm so sorry they were inconsiderate of your need to be as safe as possible. The medical clinic I use mandates masks but I haven't been to a dentist. I would think they would want to be masked. I have breathing problems yet a mask isn't all that troublesome to wear.

Mark drinks Wild Turkey and it's been out of stock in the local liquor store for a couple of weeks. I order groceries from Aldi and every time there's items I want that are out of stock.

The bike shed said...

I have finally got around to registering with a dentist where I live - for years I went back to my old town. Changing dentist is ridiculously stressful - quite why, I don't know, but it just is!

Friko said...

Oh dear, it happens more and more nowadays. Is it that not only we ourselves but all the people we need are getting older?
Hope you have not been infected with any lurgies at the dentist.