Monday, January 23, 2023

Another Monday

 Lukas has been a bit grumpy late night and today. He had fluids at the vet and is in a much better frame of mind and enjoying an early lunch. I've paid bills, tidied and made a pot of decidedly non-Koi pond soup. It was warm and lovely at first taste, and I hope it will be even better tomorrow. The fun of using what may be on hand in hurricane supplies led to a great pot of chicken noodle with vegetables.

I caught up with a  friend of over fifty years and we talked about all sorts for over an hour today which was nice, There are not too many people she or I have around that  either of us will speak to for that length of time. It is wonderful to know we can do that when the mood strikes.

I've completed my second book of the month and now have started three more. I don't usually have three on the go, but one is from the library with a loan limit and another is a loan from a friend. The third I began before either of the other two were available. Did anyone enjoy the synopsis of the book by Sylvia Nash? Would you like the same for the most recently completed book?

What are you reading?

More to come. Cheers.

4 comments:

Tabor said...

You asked about the professor. If you search MIT and 2020 chaos I think you may find one of the articles in the news. I have not read your blog before,I am thinking. So now have to add you to my list.

Boud said...

How nice to have a friend of fifty years! I've outlived most of my friends but it was great when we could talk.

Sandra said...

I did and I would!

Chicken noodle soup, yum. We had the last of chicken and dumpling soup I made a few days ago. It's cold up here but not too bad, overall.

I am listening to Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I had a book become available that I'd put a hold on 8/2 right after I started this book. I let it go to the next person because this is a longer book and I didn't want to feel rushed.

Elephant's Child said...

How lovely to have a long standing friendship like that. I seem to be on a memoir binge at the moment. I am always interested in what people are reading so I would love a synopsis of the Silvia Nash boo,.