Tuesday, January 10, 2023

A special kindness


As a longtime wheelchair user, my hands are vital and sometimes take a beating, get scraped, bruised or blistered. While leather padded body builders gloves protect palms and fingers to a point and aid in gripping rims, they do not last long and sometimes irritate the skin when inside seams or threads are rough. After repeated wearing and washing, a few pairs have literally come apart.

Offered a handmade pair specially crafted for yours truly by a blogger friend, I was overjoyed when these arrived in the mail. Not only are they colorful and soft, but they help grip, stay in place and wash and dry well with mild soap, hot water and air drying.

Thank you. dear Boud, for thinking of me and so beautifully crafting these. I love wearing them.
 

7 comments:

Boud said...

Happy to see them in action!I hope they'll last and be useful.

Blogoratti said...

Such a thoughtful gift. Warm greetings to you.

Elephant's Child said...

How wonderful. I do love the blogging community. Kindness never goes astray and I have often found it here.

DUTA said...

Enjoy you new gloves! What a wonderful gift!

Ms. Moon said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift from a beautiful and thoughtful woman.

Sandra said...

I knew immediately who made those gloves! They look so comfortable.

Ann said...

What a thoughtful gift. Being hand made makes them even better.