Our day has been a bit upside down since Lukas likes his early mornings/late nights. I often get up to change his box or re-fill his water or give him his blood pressure medication which must be given every twelve hours. After breakfast, I frequently find my way back to bed for a nap which powers me through a long day.
Being Saturday, Lukas had no appointments, so I slept from about 4:30 AM until he awakened me just before lunch. He's taken to strolling the length of my person and sitting on my chest to meow his demands for attention. He got his midday meal and camped out in his favorite chair while I made my own.
Once that was done, I sorted laundry, made a couple of calls and taking a look around, realized the table, my desk and the shelves in the front room needed a good tidying, as did the kitchen and refrigerator. The kitchen took longer than anticipated because I wiped down all I could reach, went through the fridge and wiped that out. Luckily, there was only one item to be discarded since I have become adept at meal planning and always eat leftovers before making anything additional, I also now only cook once weekly for the entire week which means less use of the stove and oven. Tomorrow I will make two soups, a casserole and a pasta dish. Salad and some streamed vegetables as well as some fruit will see me through the next five to seven days. Lukas got food on Thursday so he is set as well.
Apart from this, there were two surprises yesterday. The wayward nuts, originally ordered on 27 November finally arrived on 9 December after making their way from Florida to Maine and back down again. They were in a plastic mailer and the bottom of the can was crushed. I'm not even going to speculate why they were routed that way or what may have happened. When I discovered that USPS was involved, despite coming via Amazon, I truly did not expect to see them at all.
The second surprise was a Chanukah gift from a cousin. The box arrived by USPS with a hole in the top. which looked as though someone had had put their hand through it. The address label, made by a pack and ship place in this cousin's neighborhood, had the wrong apartment number but the correct zip or postal code so someone got it to the right door. Because of the condition of the box, I went ahead and opened it, discovering eight individually wrapped items, one per night, along with a beautiful card. She even sent a gift for Lukas. That made my day. When she called me panicked because she could not track the package, I was able to assuage her concern with praise for the time and effort as well as kindness, she took in sending the package. and the fact that it arrived.
What made your day??
4 comments:
I am so very glad that you had not one but two pleasant surprises.
Our kittens health is improving - which definitely makes our days better.
My refrigerator is due for a good clean-out. Takes me half the day if I really do a good job of it.
Lovely surprise for Hanukkah! I'm glad everything seems to have arrived.
Your cooking plans are great. I like to cook enough for a couple of days at least, save effort and fuel. What's the casserole? Any recipe ideas?
I love that your friend did that for you. Hubby and I exchanged our Hanukah gifts early. Only one each. Though what he got me were these groovy socks, 12 pair. And for him I got him a Hulu/Disney card. Just one thing each early is what we do. Then we do Christmas Eve at midnight. So fun. Both, so fun.
Post a Comment