Saturday, October 29, 2022

A bumpy homecoming

 The boy made it home yesterday afternoon, and while each of us was delighted to see the other. I did not escape a telling off. Because this was briefly followed by head butts. purring and licking my hand, I did not mind. Our mutual admiration was short-lived when I discovered that Sir was not interested in his cuisine, nor would he cooperate in any way in taking his evening meds.

Normally calm and affectionate, Lukas was just plain moody. After a point, I simply gave up and went to bed, hoping some sleep would restore us both. That did not happen. If anything, he was more vocal and after refusing his meds and breakfast, I called the vet and was given a transdermal version of his appetite stimulant for pick up. Fortunately, our pet sitter was available and being the godsend she is, had the medicine on the doorstep in no time.

Lukas has now eaten, pooped, taken his meds by mouth and gone off for an afternoon's beauty rest.

While he was away, the modem which provides my internet access died. Another was shipped and arrived in less than 24 hours. I completed the installation with customer support in minutes and soon had everything working.


Always something...



6 comments:

Boud said...

You're indomitable, e! So's Lukas from the sound of things. The pet care person is a godsend, no?

Wilma said...

Lukas is home!

Elephant's Child said...

I am so glad that you and Lukas could get some relief. Here's to happier days ahead. And yes, definitely always something...

Ms. Moon said...

So glad that you have such a caring vet and cat care lady! Hope that Lukas and you both get some sleep!

Wisewebwoman said...

Always something indeed, e. Though now I am enjoying a respite
Glad your guy is on the mend and that worry is behind you and hats off to the modem people and your pet carer.
XO
WWW

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful that your boy is home and doing okay. Wishing you both well!