Tuesday, October 25, 2022

He's home

 Lukas had a bad night. He repeatedly tried to go to the bathroom and could neither urinate nor defecate. He is quiet. has neither eaten nor drunk water since yesterday afternoon and I fear another de-ostipation procedure awaits him. Both the vet and the pet sitter have been alerted and the latter will be here as soon as her little ones are dropped at school.

Good thoughts for Lukas today please!

Update: Lukas was treated without sedation and was able to pass some of the hardened contents but the vet was going to administer additional fluids in the hopes he would pass the remainder. She will do a kidney panel and check for UTI. That was at 11:45 AM. When I called at 3:40 PM for an evening update, I was to receive a call back prior to closing which I did not. I hope he will be comfortable through the night.

Update: Lukas got his bloodwork and other tests back. He does not have a UTI. and is holding his own. His kidneys are no worse. He was able to urinate but did not defecate any remainder overnight as the vet had hoped. He is receiving fluids and food and is comfortable but will have a second enema today and remain there until Friday morning.

Update: Lukas hit the jackpot and went on his own overnight. He is eating and drinking normally and enjoying a nap at present. He will receive additional fluids tomorrow morning before being discharged and brought home. I will post a final update then. Please keep him in good thoughts and thanks for your kind comments.

Final update: Lukas is home but a bit grumpy. so I will make his favorite dinner and hope his mood improves. Thanks again for your good thoughts and kind words. I'm hoping for a quiet night.





;



8 comments:

Boud said...

Oh dear. I hope today goes well. For both of you.

Ms. Moon said...

Yes. May all be well and quickly resolved.

Elephant's Child said...

My heart goes out to you both and of course you have my good thoughts. Buckets of them.

DUTA said...

Oh, that's heart breaking. Hopefully, all goes well, and the problems get solved.

Wilma said...

Hope your Lukas makes it through the night. It's hard when your pet - your dear companion - is sick.

Wisewebwoman said...

So very sorry to read this, e. I do hope his night was healing and that he's in full recovery mode now.
XO
WWW

Boud said...

Thanks for the update. So far so good.

On These Spindrift Pages - A journal of nature, thought, and the reflective life. said...

My dear E, I'm very sorry to read about Lukas. I hope that he will continue to make a good progress. I know that it is always such a worry when our pets are not well. I know that you will be waiting by the phone for the news, and you will be missing him quite frightfully. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lukas.