This was Lukas's second day as the almost full time inhabitant of our only bathroom. Things are improving, however. I was so concerned that I called a friend who is a retired vet to ask and she said that every cat responds differently to an enema and that it can be as long as forty-eight hours before things normalize and the cat can once again have the run of the house and that I should let his vet know. on Monday. For his part, Lukas is cooperative and has even allowed me the honor of sitting on my lap, a first in our time together. He purred and licked my hand, obviously glad of company.
I caught him sleeping curled up in the clean litter box and fashioned him a makeshift bed from a cardboard box, towels and his most loved blanket into which I left two favored catnip toys. To my delight and I hope his comfort, he is using it, Though he doesn't care to have his nether regions inspected and wiped, he wiggles a bit but offers no meows of offense. So far, the bathroom hasn't required another mop and he was calm when placed in his carrier while I used and cleaned the bathroom early afternoon. He has taken all meds without a fuss and left me to sporadic sleep.
I am hoping for an easier week and more rest and wish you all the same. Thanks for your kind words of support.
I

10 comments:
Thank you for the update. I am thrilled for you both. And hope for both of you that he can soon have the run of the house again.
Oh, how our animals come to affect our lives - though largely for the better I sense. Jane worries over every little cough that Oscar has - I less so but would be devastated if here to be hurt in any way. Take care
I am glad that your boy seems better and hope his Isolation period is over soon.
Julie and poppyq
I'm glad you're both coping well. Hoping for the best.
Lovely news. I am so happy for both of you. And I hope that he has the run of the house again!
I so hope that he continues to improve.
Poor Lucas. I hope he feels better soon.
Hope that you are both soon back to your previous routine! I bet you are both exhausted.
I'm glad that he seems to be doing better.
Well, that's good news - Lucas is cooperative and his health is improving. May it continue that way!
Post a Comment