My darling boy has taken a turn for the worse and been hospitalized while being given meds and awaiting more extensive blood work. His kidney function has gotten much worse in the last month and he spent the entire day yesterday sleeping or without any animation. He did not eat and only drank a bit of water and used the box once in twelve or more hours.
Prelims at the vet have shown a marked decrease in weight and he was lethargic. After being there for most of the day, he is alert and responsive but more labs are being done. His blood pressure was high so his medication will be increased and he will be given fluids and food. He will be released once all the labs are completed. How long he has is anyone's guess at this point.
This was quite sudden and even his vet is shocked.
More to come...

11 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this. And that it's moving fast. Hoping for the best for you both.
Oh, honey. I am so sorry. I know that he is far more than a pet. He is your faithful companion. May this just be a speed bump in the road of your lives.
Hang in there, Lukas! Hope you have him home in better condition very soon. It is so stressful when our pets are not well. You hang in there, too, e.
I am so very sorry and my heart goes out to you both. I hope they can get on top of this soon.
Oh ... e
I feel for you.
It's so hard knowing what's coming, just not the "when".
Hard to prepare, hard to go through, hard to let go if that's what is needed.
Wishing you strength and wishing Lukas not to suffer.
I'm sorry.
Hope he is feeling better soon. Hugs to you both.
Julie and poppyq
I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you both love.
My dear E,
I'm terribly sorry to read the news about Lukas. I'm writing to let you know that both you and Lukas are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that he means the world to you. I'm sending all my prayers for his speedy recovery.
Thinking of you and Lukas, ASD
How are things going, e? Thinking of you and hoping for the best.
Oh, poor little thing.
Post a Comment