This condo community has become fractious. The current board is largely geographically distant, and our monthly services are poor. Condominiums in Florida are managed professionally with no-one onsite here. We also have more renters than owners and this has led to problems with illegal dumping, landscapers who speed through this complex in less than a half hour and ongoing problems with garbage.
Our board president has moved out and is selling her units. Additionally, there are plans afoot to spend eight thousand dollars on signage for the entrances which several of us find objectionable.
Last week, someone who was staying with a tenant who has died was denied a rental. The individual then threw a large sofa and mattress into a dumpster intended for household trash. Our property manager was called and relayed that her guy was busy. The apartment owner called another company and a truck came quickly. The sofa and mattress retrieved, bags of garbage were left around the dumpster. The following day, the garbage collectors emptied the dumpster without picking up any of the trash and litter on the ground,
Yesterday, I was so fed up that masked and gloved. I went out and with bags and grabber in hand, I attacked the trash, getting at least six bags into the dumpster. I figure if a fat broad in a wheelchair can do that, trash guys with all four limbs can do the same. Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.
That done, I cleaned up, did laundry, washed the kitchen floor and made two meals before settling down with a book, tired.
6 comments:
That was heroic work, e. No wonder you're tired. It's a tough situation when a board is unresponsive and the manager not much better. Garbage is an endless problem in condo situations.
I feel your pain! We are gone through several rounds of indifferent boards here in the co-op complex where I live, and it makes you want to scream. Some part of our grounds have also been under scaffolds and construction for going into year three now, and I could go on but its a long boring tale no one wants to hear. I do hate that you felt forced to take the garbage situation into your own hands, but go you. I hope it gets better.
What a mess! I applaud your efforts! Assuming the HOA has some obligation to the residents, is there any legal recourse such as suing the HOA? Of course legal action of any sort would not be easy, either. That could be what they are are counting on. I don't understand why people are such shits when doing the right thing is not terribly difficult and probably not that expensive in the long run either.
Ugh! Sorry your condos are going through such drama! I always thought it was such a nice-looking complex. I totally get cleaning up the trash. Sometimes it's easiest to just take matters into your own hands.
Lord, I bet you WERE tired! That sounds like a mess and a half.
Nothing worse than clearing up other people's crap. Well done to you, I bet you were tired afterwards. I hope someone saw you and felt guilty they'd not helped.
Post a Comment