Up before the sun today courtesy of Lukas and his early bird breakfast special, I'm feeling the need for a nap. The dear friend who provides me soups. conversation and feline pedicures was the subject of an early morning order for flowers and chocolate which happily landed on my doorstep before 10 AM, a Valentine Day surprise thank you.
Deliveries have been harder to come by with more people home or out sick with Omicron, so I decided to try today rather than wait for a later date and risk not getting one around the fourteenth. She really doesn't do Valentine stuff and I wouldn't normally but it seemed a good way to say thanks and celebrate a friendship. If I know and like someone it is always nice to gift them something they'll enjoy. She said it was perfect for a Monday as she did not want to get up
and go in to work. It feels good to spread a bit of cheer on an overcast day.
Wishing you all a good week!
8 comments:
A certain cat got me up very early again for his early breakfast (and medication) too. I may have a nap later. He will.
What a brilliant idea to arrange for your delivery to arrive early - and what a treat for the recipient.
My cats are almost the opposite. When I get up in the morning they seem quite displeased to lose their warm sleeping partner.
You made good of your extra-early time, e. I do best in the mornings, but I do prefer for the sun to be up, or at least on the way up, when I get up. I am closing in on the end of my current book - Song of Achilles, and then have another library eloan to read before I start the Belize book. I hope I like it and that you like it if you decide to read it.
What a great thought! And Valentine's day is about friendship, which can be celebrated any day. You're a good friend, e.
What a lovely thing to do E and I have always found the giver gets so much more pleasure than the receiver.
Flowers and choc are perfect.
XO
WWW
What a nice gesture. (Anyone who provides a feline pedicure certainly deserves a present!)
You made her day. It is always good to feel appreciated.
That's a really nice thing for you to do e. Often it is indeed as good to give as to receive!
Post a Comment