While it slowed and lost strength over Cuba, Elsa is once again a category 1 hurricane and thus far our bouts of rain have been blissfully few today. The problem is that we have had so much in the preceding days that flooding is now a concern. I remain safely indoors where my attention has been on a clogged commode, a caster in danger of coming loose and a cat ill contented with his evening repast.
Casters are the small swiveling wheels at the front of a wheelchair. One side can be screwed in with a small Phillips Head screw driver. Since mine loosened to the point of falling out on the bathroom floor, I found the right sized head and set to work. My efforts yielded a less squeaky chair and although able to tighten the little wheel enough to stay put for now, it will likely loosen again since the screw head is still partially out.
The toilet issue is an ongoing thing, I've tried the plumber's trick using hot water and soap to no avail so far. My hands and arms have gotten a work out today. I'll wait this out, periodically plunging and see what happens. Since the water drains slowly, it isn't a bad clog yet.
I just finished David Downing's spy thriller, Zoo Station which is part of a seven book series set in 1939 Nazi Germany just prior to World War II. A book club pick and likely something I'd not have read otherwise, it is nonetheless well written though the characters leave something to be desired. Even the protagonist, whom I want to admire for his aid to others and his smarts and narrow escape, seems to fall a bit flat. Perhaps knowing some of the history, particularly the T 4 program, influenced my opinion. One of you might like to give it a go and let me know what you think. I've happily moved on to another read.
I hope anyone in the path of Elsa will stay safe.
3 comments:
I hope that you can stay clear of Elsa (and any of her relatives) impact. And that your toilet issues don't worsen.
Not a book I have read - or am likely to. I am a character driven reader. I don't have to like the characters, but they have to behave in congruent ways and I have to be interested in what they are doing.
Stay safe you too. I often wonder what it must be like to live in the path of real storms. My house faces the ocean and we get the blast of the sea winds, but nothing like a tropical storm
"My" meteorologist says that another day and we'll be done with Elsa. I don't think we're going to get much being on the west side of the storm as it crosses the state. Stay safe, lady, and if you need help with that wheel, please get someone in to help you.
Post a Comment